Re: [TowerTalk] Harbor Freight WInch

To: "'Gene'" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>, "'mcelmer1'" <mcelmer1@netecin.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Harbor Freight WInch
From: "Gene" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 15:07:22 -0500
Tower weighs 80-95 lbs, then there is the rotator 25-30, A3S 27 lbs, Boomer
8 lbs, mast 6-10 lbs (guess), throw in another 20lbs for coax assemblies.
But I also know the weight and moment forces increase as the angle changes
from vertical to horizontal.  I may be naïve, but when I bought a 1500 lb
winch I thought I was well over engineering.  My chief concern was getting
it anchored to the side of the house on sufficient studs using a plate
bolted into several studs, 4 minimum.