Re: [TowerTalk] Multi-Band Vertical Question

To: "towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Multi-Band Vertical Question
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 08:07:53 -0700
On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 05:16:41 -0700 (PDT), GALE STEWARD wrote:

>(3) Install the 14AVQ as an elevated ground plane with the base up 16-20 ft.
>I would use 4 sloping radials for 20M which would double as guy wires. I'd
>then add two radials for 40M (these should also work for 15M) and two more
>for 10M.

While #1 is easier, I suspect that #3 will work better, because it gets the
antenna up in the clear, away from other conductors that absorb power (like
the wiring in your home, trees, etc.). When installing radials, I would study
Rudy Severns' recent work on the topic. Google for N6LF to find his website.

73, Jim K9YC