Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Multi-Band Vertical Question

To: hanslg@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Multi-Band Vertical Question
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 05:52:45 -0400
I am frankly skeptical about this dire conclusion.  For about 5 years I
used a multiband vertical on my garage roof, which is about 20/40 feet,
corrugated, semi-flat, and with only pretty tenuous (unmaintained)
screwed connections between sheets.  Granted I was only running 100
watts (second radio in SO2R), but I heard no evidence of
cross-modulation.  One thing I did that may have helped - in addition to
a direct ground to the sheet right under the base of the vertical, and
to a ground rod nearby, I laid out about 100 feet of wire from the
ground terminal so that it coupled to all the sheets of the roof.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,