Re: [TowerTalk] Flying critters

To: "Roger \(K8RI\)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Flying critters
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:41:00 -0500
If you suspect a bee sting (or snake bite, spider bite, etc.) allergy (for
you or your friends & loved ones) you should get your doctor to evaluate and
write a script for an "Epi-Pen", and have one or more along always. People
with extreme sting allergies (and we might not know we have them) can go
into shock and die rather quickly, the Epi Pen (an intra-muscular
ephinephrine {andrenaline} injection) can buy time and keep the victim
breathing while EMS can be summoned to transport to hospital.

As we get older, our allergy threshholds get more unpredictable...caveat
emptor!

73

Dan
K0DAN