Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-555 relay settings DELAY RELAYS

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-555 relay settings DELAY RELAYS
From: Bill NY9H <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:22:19 -0400
my manually operated ( switched)  motorized  mdpl72 us tower does not
have such safeguards....
Sooo  when i built my own remote i did put some 5$ ebay delay relays
to control the big motor relays... ..

Imagine while the tower is going up , and you flick the switch to
down.... it keeps going up. RUNNING AWAY as Joe puts it.

The only thing you did was take the appropriate limit switch out of
the circuit .... OUCH...

bill ny9h/3