Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Rotor Speed

To: <kip@kdream.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Rotor Speed
From: "Michael Baker" <k7dd@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 06:44:21 -0700
Generally, 3/4 to 2 RPM is the range. The slower speed is for BIG HEAVY
antennas so you have less torque to deal with. Most commercial rotors are
about 1 RPM. If you are making one with a two speed system then use a 2 to 1
radio of speeds.
How are you going to brake the rotor to a stop and secure it when stopped or
are you using a worm gear arrangement?

Michael Baker  K7DD
k7dd@cox.net