Re: [TowerTalk] Speaking of the Han Series of rotators...How doyou tell

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Speaking of the Han Series of rotators...How doyou tell the difference.
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:18:58 -0400

On 10/26/2010 5:34 AM, Todd Coulter wrote:
> Roger,
>
> Maybe this page from Norm's Rotor Service will help.
A little, but I already know it's a ham series due to the extended brake
housing that adds about 4" to the height.

What I can't find are any designations stamped on the base of the
housing. I'm assuming that means the bottom outside of the base?  There
is no mast extension to cover the base. There is a single digit followed
by a dash and IIRC 3 digits, but nothing that resembles the codes
depicted on norms page which BTW if you wear bifocals is very difficult
to read with the text overlaying the charts.

Even then, there is nothing to tell me what's different between the
different models even if I do find a designation which seems to be
missing. The controller is just the generic "ham" controller.

73

Roger (K8RI)