Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Questions

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Questions
From: "Joe Giacobello, K2XX" <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 12:27:01 -0500
  Thanks, Roger, Don and John.  I now understand that what I was
observing was the compression of the jacket and no cutting was actually
taking place.  It was that the compression was so deep, it looked as
though the cable was being cut and weakened.

My major problem and worry now are those end caps.  (I had absolutely no
idea that the Phillystran was so moisture sensitive.)  There's no
problem installing them at ground level where the guys attach to the
anchors, but the other ends are in the air.  Lowering this tower is not
a trivial exercise, although it could be done.  I used a tow truck to
tilt it up.  I guess I'm going to have to call him back.

Thanks for all your help.  Obviously, I should have consulted earlier.

73, Joe
K2XX