Re: [TowerTalk] MFJ Purchases Hy-Gain Lincoln, NE

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] MFJ Purchases Hy-Gain Lincoln, NE
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 23:14:13 -0800
On 11/27/2010 8:19 PM, Andy wrote:
>> Both Hy-Gain and Cushcraft were moved to Starkville. I know this
>> because ...
> That may be.  On the other hand, both companies did say that it was
> going to be a few months to get everything figured out, even though
> the delay was not moving the factory from NH to MS.
>
> Their website also implies that they are still manufactured in New
> Hampshire, with Mississippi providing sales, service, and support.
>
> Andy

Yes, Andy, per your suggestion, I just went to the Cushcraft website and
it does imply that they're still manufacturing the antennas in New
Hampshire. OTOH, if you link to the Nov. 16 webcast on that same
webpage, they actually walk through the floor of the Cushcraft
manufacturing facility in Starkville and the interviewee discusses the
growing pains associated with "re-creating" the Hy-Gain and Cushcraft
manufacturing operations in Starkville. I guess the growing pains
haven't ended :-)   It's definitely not a smart-phone plant :-)