Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Using aluminum wire [or aluminum clad wire]

To: "'Hans Hammarquist'" <hanslg@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Using aluminum wire [or aluminum clad wire]
From: "Tod - ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 14:23:39 -0700
My experience using #14 aluminum fence wire with wire-wrapped connections
[splices] does not suggest that there is a problem. The objective is to get
a 'gas tight' connection as Hans states.

I suspect that this could be checked by modeling. One could put a 1 or 2 ohm
resistor [a really poor connection] in series with one or both legs of a
dipole. The resistance could be inserted at varying distances from the
center. I would not expect the inserted series resistance to provide a
significant change to the radiated energy from the dipole.

Tod, K0TO