Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower TX-472

To: "'towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower TX-472
From: "N7US" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 17:56:10 -0600
How old are you?  How's your health?  How long to do expect to own the
tower?

I previously had a Hy-Gain 72' HG-70HD that wasn't positive pull-down and
wasn't motorized.  It took more time to crank it up and down, as expected,
and the effort wasn't trivial, at least to me!

I don't tilt my HDX-589 over except when I have relocated it to another QTH
because of the stacked antennas I have on it.  A secondary reason is the
need to remove so many bolts and my ground wire clamps.  This time I did
leave the raising fixture attached, though I've removed and stored it in the
past.

You'll forget about the cost after a while but will always be thankful you
got the factory-installed motor.

BTW, I bought the remote control package for mine, but I don't raise or
lower it remotely, so that I wouldn't do again.

Jim N7US