Re: [TowerTalk] Balun for G5RV

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Balun for G5RV
From: DGB <ns9i2016@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 20:55:08 -0600
But now I'm down in Fla., not my home qth of WI!

Why are these getting thru and not my recent ones which was a response
to K9YC which was and Roger may be able to answer?

is it acceptable to enclose it in a non-conductive enclosure, on a
multiband antenna, say resonant on 160 or 80,  especially at high power
(1500w)?

in reponse to Jims comment

You can roll your own for about $10 that will be FAR better than
anything you can buy at any price. See Fig 48 and the Choke Cookbook in
http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf  Use the version of the choke
would with bifilar turns of #12 THHN (ordinary house wire).

de ns9i