Re: [TowerTalk] Smaller tribander

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Smaller tribander
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 19:42:19 -0700
I actually put up the Skyhawk on AD3F's recomendation, plus reading the
information on Bencher's website.

I have no frame of reference, since this was my first HF beam, ever.  It
doesn't play as my quad array of 7 elements do on 6M, but it seems to work
very well.

With just a bit of time in the morning, before work, ad another bit in the
evening, after work, I've worked 142 countries on 15 and 20M since putting
it up at the first of November.

I don't know if that's good, bad or indifferent, but I'm pleased.

My Skyhawk is on a 52' crankup tower.  With our winter weather here in
Montana, it's never been cranked up over 35'.  I may crank it up all the way
soon, just to see if that makes any difference.

I'm not sure that the Skyhawk fits your definition of "small", because it's
a full-sized antenna with no traps.

73, Barrie, W7ALW