[TowerTalk] advice sought on Force12 mag 2/2 antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] advice sought on Force12 mag 2/2 antenna
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:21:18 -0800
The subject antenna is a dual 80/40 linear loaded beam spec'd at >4 dbd at 74'.
I purchased it but then put up the Steppir Monstr so have little use for the
Mag 2/2 40 meter beam.

This Mag 2/2 has been stored in my workshop ever since and is no longer a
catalog item. It uses a 35' boom with 68' elements for the 80m beam.

I also have two 80m wire dipoles separated 150' and are at right angles to each
other. The dipole centers are at 80' and 100' with the ends drooping to about
60'. I expect that the Force12 80m beam would fill in a small horizontal angle
between the wire dipoles but the beam would only be 70' high. The beam may be
useful in reducing interference from signals off the 3db bandwidth and off
frequency as its frequency bandwidth is narrow.

I am considering 3 options:
1. install it per Force12 instructions (but  that appears to be a formidable
task)
2. install only the 80m beam
    a. just the dipole portion
    b. modify the linear loading portion and eliminate the loading coils for
frequency change option)
3. Sell it as is (new, still in the boxes)

I will appreciate opinions and experience from any mag 2/2 owners or past
owners and also what a reasonable selling price might be. It cost $3000.

k7puc