Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Bay Area Structural Engineer Needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "Hans Hammarquist" <hanslg@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Bay Area Structural Engineer Needed
From: "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:46:24 -0700
I called our local ARRL volunteer counsel and he told me the high fees at
San Mateo County had been mandated by the Board of Supervisors to recoup
some of their lost tax revenues caused by the recession.  He said I might be
able to sue to recover some of the fees later, but cautioned me to wait
until my building project was completely signed off.  I was happy to get my
fees reduced by almost 50% by personal discussions with the County Planning
Director, but after that I decided not to start any additional legal
saber-rattling.  Bureaucrats can be vengeful!

73,
Steve
N6SJ