Re: [TowerTalk] Bay Area Structural Engineer Needed

To: "Jerry Gardner" <jerryw6uv@gmail.com>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bay Area Structural Engineer Needed
From: "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:43:07 -0800
Jerry-

I just received my building permit from San Mateo County for a US Tower
HDX-589.  The County Building Dept. accepted the CA PE stamp and signature
on the front of the .pdf copy of the structural calculations package
provided by US Tower.  I have heard of some jurisdictions requiring a
"wet-stamp" original  signature, but mine was a copy of the original and
they accepted it.  If your tower is a commercial design, you should be able
to obtain the manufacturer's PE structural package as part of their product.
US Tower said that if needed they could provide an original wet-stamped and
signed package for an additional charge, but San Mateo County did not
request this.

Good luck, I feel for you, because they never give you a complete list of
requirements when you apply.  It seems as if they make up the rules as they
go along!

73,

Steve
N6SJ