Re: [TowerTalk] Complex Guying Question

To: TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Complex Guying Question
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 08:34:09 -0400
There used to be a good paper on K1TTT's web site that provided some of
the engineering basis for answering this question.  I can't find it at
the moment but perhaps it is temporarily off as Dave reconstructs his
site.  The K7NV guyed tower study is also an excellent source of info.

But I suspect that Steve's bottom line is correct - it may not make a
lot of difference, so long as you're "close."  Probably most of us
aren't even close - I know I'm not.  I've got a lot of turnbuckling and
big-gripping to do these next few days.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,