Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical with 1 radia

To: "K8RI on TT" <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical with 1 radia
From: "pehaire" <pehaire@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 17:05:35 -0500
I agree.  I learn more by listening than talking.  That is why it is rare
for me to post a message.  But we can use our abilities and imaginations to
create  or make additions and modifications to improve anything.  I have a
Heathkit SB 200 linear that I have not used in 30 years.  (Maybe that is why
I cannot work across the street)  It is in mint condition and worth more
than I paid for it in 1965.  So some things from the past may increase in
value.  One thing I still use from the past is open wire line.  I haven't
used coax in 40 years.  I have used it with verticals and a reference
antenna (end fed inverted v 100 feet long)  I have the reference antenna up
about 35 feet on my tower.
WA5MUE