Re: [TowerTalk] Need help with HF problems

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need help with HF problems
From: Rik van Riel <riel@surriel.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 18:41:20 -0400
On 05/30/2011 04:27 PM, K8RI on TT wrote:

> When purchasing on-line you need to specify what you want! Most
> suppliers have both the good stuff and junk.  Many hams purchase based
> only on price and they need to cater to that clientele, but stock the
> "good stuff" as well.
> I have to agree that "most hams are cheap", but often by necessity.

While I agree that most hams are cheap, I do not believe
it makes any economic sense when it comes to connectors.

Risking the finals of your $400 radio, in order to save
$1.30 per connector (for at total savings of just under
$6 in a typical feedline) makes no money sense at all.

Penny wise and pound foolish.

--
All rights reversed.