Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted vee mounted above HF Yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted vee mounted above HF Yagi
From: "Mark - AA6DX" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 13:05:46 -0700
HI .. hey, back in the days of yore, there was such a bearing gadget built
commercially ... trying to remember the brand ... Hy-Gain, perhaps?  Anyway,
I had one ...it might be in the jungle part of my back yard .. HIHI .. and I
had it on top of a W-67 w/ 20' mast ... The antenna wires raised havoc when
raising the tower, and I eventually gave it up as a nice experiment.  I
cannot say my signals were improved, cannot remember exactly, but I was not
impressed.  This was back in the 70s, and I was in an area with a great
ground .. old riverbed -- and my 65' high vees worked pretty swell, and on
40m I had steerable verticles that beat the vee.  But, point is, there
is/was such a device.
73 -- Mark  AA6DX