Re: [TowerTalk] 40 and 20 at 15 ft apart

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 and 20 at 15 ft apart
From: "Felipe J. Hernández" <fhdez@vpnet.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:37:20 -0400
Really?

So no 90 deg off for that combination? May I ask how far where they apart?

I guess is the right approach to then  model the antennas exactly..

I liked this explanation from Bob...

I have a Cushcraft D40 4 feet above a Force12  C3S tribander.
The D40 is aligned parallel with the boom of the C3S.
I have zero interaction between the two antennas.
I called Force12 and asked what they recommend for spacing before installing
the antennas and
they said they recommend 4 feet wth the dipole parallel with the boom of the
C3S.  Said this will give
negligible interaction (as I have found).
I would recommend calling or emailing them to discuss your planned installation
and question.

As I understand the stacking situation, the current drop of multiband yagis,
like the Force12 series,
have all the elements electrically insulated from the boom which provides very
nice stacking possibilities
with minimal interaction.  The older design tribanders like the KLM KT34's had
the parasitic elements
electrically attached to the boom and it is almost impossible to achieve a low
interaction regardless
of height/orientation.

73,
Bob