Re: [TowerTalk] 40 and 20 at 15 ft apart

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 and 20 at 15 ft apart
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 14:06:41 -0600
 > The older design tribanders like the KLM KT34's had
 > the parasitic elements
 > electrically attached to the boom and it is almost impossible to achieve a
 >low interaction regardless
 >of height/orientation.

Really ? I have a KT-34XA, a KT-36XA and a KT-34A. All elements are insulated
from the boom.

You can get surprising interactions. For example, I have a 2 element wire beam
on 80 meters, supported from, and electrically insulated from a 34' boom,
attached to the tower. That 34' boom could look a lot like a 20 meter reflector
to the KT-36XA that is also on the tower.

73,
Steve, N2IC