[TowerTalk] heat shrink weathering

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] heat shrink weathering
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 16:59:10 -0700
I'm building a new SteppIR beam and they have changed from tape wrapping
the fiberglass element joints to an adhesive lined heat shrink "CANUSA
CFTV".

This approach seems better than two layer's of Scotch 33 plus a layer
self amalgamating silicone tape which is what is in the instruction book.

My question is how long does the heat shrink/adhesive last in the
weather, sun, etc?  Apparently CFTV has been used for some time in the
cellular business and a fellow towertalkian might have observed the
performance for 5 to 10 years.

I have plenty of silicone tape and plain old #33 so could wrap each heat
shrink piece if that is warranted.

73,

Grant KZ1W