[TowerTalk] Emotator 1105MS Rotator & Controller

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Emotator 1105MS Rotator & Controller
From: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 08:45:19 -0700 (PDT)
A while ago my controller stopped indicating the antenna direction, although
everything was OK otherwise. Significant messing around later I found that a
drive belt in the controller had perished. To my amazement I found a source of
the correct belt and now it works fine again.

However:

The direction indication was a printed translucent sheet held between two
transparent pieces of polycarbonate. Disassembling the unit to fit the new belt
made the translucent sheet fall apart - it was after all at least 20 years old.
I was able to draw a replacement sheet pretty much exactly as the original, but
I can't find the proper material to print it on. If I use a transparency it is
much too light and the works of the controller are clearly visible though it.
If I use paper, the back illumination emphasises the grain in the paper and it
looks really amateurish.

Any suggestions for the best material to use? I use an inkjet printer, but if
laser is necessary I could take it to a shop for printout. Thanks for any help.

73 Roger
VE3ZI