Re: [TowerTalk] Pull Rope in Conduits?

To: "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pull Rope in Conduits?
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:10:42 -0500
Steve,

i have two 100 ft runs of PVC underground from the radio room to the tower.
I used a small nylon cord and fabricated a soft ball of cotton in a sock
tied to the string. Then connect a shop vacuum cleaner to the other end and
suck it through. Once you have it through I suggest you install a stranded
covered electrical wire to leave in the tube for pulling. It will not rot or
detieriate. There have been some posts in the past telling the preferred
type of electrical wire.

    73s de Jim
       W5IFP