Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Round or Square?

To: n4zr@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Round or Square?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 13:48:56 -0400
 > Sorry Joe, but Rohn 45G and "pier pin" adds up to a guyed tower to me.

The discussion I had with the PE was about tower bases in general. In
*that* discussion we did not differentiate.  However, since the Rohn
documentation states that the CB1G *must* be square, there must be a
logical reason.  I would not attempt to use undersize concrete -
particularly when the concrete would not fully support the base plate
(BPC25G) for the pier pin installation.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV