Re: [TowerTalk] how much boom lifts rent for

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] how much boom lifts rent for
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 22:57:39 -0500
On 11/12/2011 12:49 PM, Jim Lux wrote:
> Since I looked it up for W4EFs benefit.. You might be interested to know
> what typical manlift rental prices are in SoCal..
>
> Day rates.  A week is usually 3.5 days.
>
> 40ft  $280-300
> 60ft  $425
> 80ft  $800-900
> 120ft $1300-1600

They are pretty much the same here.  Often you can get one for the week
end for little more than the single day rate as the contractors rarely
rent them then.
OTOH they may, or are likely to want to see you've had compliant
training or in industrial license.  Be aware too that they have a
substantial charge to and from their site.
I ran into one place that wouldn't rent to me because my license is not
current  (I've been retired since 97) while others would.  OTOH I could
get an licensed operator with the rig for almost the same total price.
You *may* find an operator who's willing to work for *cash* for a day or
afternoon.

73

Roger (K8RI)