Re: [TowerTalk] Dropping guys

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dropping guys
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 22:49:36 -0500
On 11/12/2011 8:38 AM, Larry wrote:
> I have heard of a couple of people assemble antennas on the tower
> over the years. I would have think about that some because it
> seems like that could be very awkward to build it on the tower.

The short version:

IT's not all that difficult (relatively speaking) as the boom is pivoted
at the top of the tower so it's vertical part of the time which allows
one person at the top of the tower and another farther down.  Much
depends on the size of the tower and the angle of the guys at the top.

73

Roger (K8RI)