Re: [TowerTalk] Dropping guys

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dropping guys
From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 08:29:55 -0500
The tower (100 feet) had a 2 el 40M, 80M rotatable dipole, and KT36XA
(top to bottom) on it. All were pulled up a tram line one at a time. The
KT36XA
and 40M were damaged by a tornado this past spring.  I am putting up a
4 el 40M (42 foot boom and 50+ foot? elements) and it weighs about 100 lbs.
It is just awkward mainly trying to keep the elements out of the guys. The
weight is about twice the KT36XA which doesn't make it any easier.

The KT36XA is being replaced by a LP antenna on a new tower.

Antennas will probably go up a tram line again.

73, Larry  W6NWS