Re: [TowerTalk] STAINLESS STEEL BOLT AND ALUMINIUM ROTATOR CASINGPROBLEM

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] STAINLESS STEEL BOLT AND ALUMINIUM ROTATOR CASINGPROBLEM.
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 23:41:18 -0500
On 11/13/2011 8:37 PM, Jim Hargrave wrote:
> John,
>
> I have been successful in removing bolts from aluminum housings with an air
> or electrical impact wrench. Just apply some penetrating oil and let it

Use a good penetrating oil such as Mouse Milk or PB Blaster. They really
are superior.  They've gotten things apart that
many of the others didn't touch.

Let PB blaster soak over night and they usually come right out.  It's
unlikely the SS has galled in Aluminum. It's more likely there some
Aluminum Oxide swollen up in there preventing the bolt from coming out.

73

Roger (K8RI)