[TowerTalk] Harbor Freight Winch

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Harbor Freight Winch
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 16:54:17 -0500
   I got some titanium coated drill bits once and was drilling a small hole
in aluminum.
It suddenly stopped drilling and I stopped the drill.
   It did not break but instead it bent at a right angle.
Gee, a drill bit should not do that!!! It should have snapped into before
bending
that far.
   Another situation was with a copies of a Whitney Deep Throat punch.
I ordered them and it took nearly 2 years to get them. They said they had
a quality problem. When I received them there were two problems.
One was 1 inch thread in the bottom part was almost the right pitch.
I tried a Whitney die in it and  it almost screwed in all the way but not
quite.
It was neither metric or English. The other problem was that apparently the
punch side was off center and they did not correct the problem but made new
dies with the holes off center. So you have to rotate the dies so they match up
with the punch, but for a 1/10 the price of a Whitney set and it coming
from China,
well, what do you expect. I am sure they are not rated for 1.2 tons either.
73
Bill wa4lav