Re: [TowerTalk] Copper strap bonding ideas?

To: <xnewyorka@hotmail.com>, "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Copper strap bonding ideas?
From: "Stan Labinsky Jr." <wa2puq@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 08:39:53 -0500
John, your understanding that short is better is correct, however, taking a
path right through your house is not, never, ever!

Consider also that the outside path, if accomplished with bare wire will
create a more intimate connection to earth which is what you want.  I'd
suggest that at the corners of the run, that you drive ground rods.
Lightning doesn't like sharp bends, but having the rods at those points will
augment the strike energy's access to ground.

Stan