Re: [TowerTalk] tower setbacks/falling trees

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower setbacks/falling trees
From: Randy <randy@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 21:36:29 -0500
Jim: thanks much for your input...
Things vary according to locality. I have never, ever considered
earthquake or ice loads on my
towers...not going to happen.

If I *WAS" an engineer, nobody is gonna believe ME.

If you have a, let's say 60' foot of tower, there's a good chance that
it *might* fall down within
its length... if you have 195' of tower, there is ZERO chance any of it
is going to land 195' away from
the base...

73
Randy