Re: [TowerTalk] Hi-Z Antenna Stuff

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Jack/W6NF <vhfplus@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hi-Z Antenna Stuff
From: Art Trampler <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 14:19:39 -0800 (PST)
I expect this thread is going to receive a, "Can we get back to towers"
reminder soon enough (and I have no beef with that), but in considering patents
in general, remember that companies are successfully patenting genes,
unmodified, for various treatments.

Having successfully discovered a gene the expression of which is desirable, the
USPTO has issued patents on the use of the gene in therapies even though
"nothing" was created, but really, a use discovered and verified.