[TowerTalk] 15 meter yagi height for 6000 miles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 15 meter yagi height for 6000 miles
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 12:23:19 -0800
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 09:39:57 -0800 (PST)
From: David Blake <dhblake@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 15 meter yagi height for 6000 miles

John et al-

All this may be true to some extent but the majority of us don't have the
option of stacked
HF yagis at 90'? HI.

I have never had an tower higher than 48 feet yet somehow have managed to work
ALL? DXCCs (#1 Honor Roll).? and all 40 zones
on 6 bands.? Over 300 DXCCs on 6 bands, etc, etc.?? My point is that you can do
a lot with antennas at much less than what some
computer program says is optimum.

As Bill Moore says on the LoTW? page, "Go work some new ones."

73, Dave -N4DB-

## and how did it take you to achieve all that...a lifetime....or just a few
months.  My 1st tower was 48’ tall.  7 x months later,
I moved it up to 67’.   That was a huge improvement.  96’ was even better.
IMO, you don’t have to have the best.... you
just have to have better than average in most cases.  The folks with 70’ towers
 will consistently  out-do 48’ towers.
The low bands will really benefit from a higher tower.   Try the 40m yagi at
48’...... then again at 70’ . You will wonder
what hit you.

later... Jim   VE7RF