Re: [TowerTalk] tool to retrieve data and build HFTA profiles

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tool to retrieve data and build HFTA profiles
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 21:34:42 -0800
On 3/4/12 9:26 PM, Jim Lux wrote:
> I've been fooling with some shell scripts and the like..
>
> I think I can automatically retrieve the right 1x1 degree chunks of SRTM
> data fairly well and then do the interpolation to build the profiles.

BTW, it won't be fast or small.

the raw zip files are about 12Mbyte each and expand to about 26MB, so it
will eat about 400 MB of your disk. (although you can delete the files
when it's done)

You're going to want a fairly speedy internet connection for the 108
MByte download. That's a good 20 minutes at 1 Mbps.