[TowerTalk] high tension power line noise...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] high tension power line noise...
From: "StellarCAT" <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 12:24:27 -0700
Hello... my wife and I will be moving soon to a new area... one of the
properties we are considering,
and its really difficult to find something anymore that meets ALL the criteria
– county (no restrictions),
no HOA, no deed restrictions, and of course a house... one of the places has a
high tension line ~400’
away from where I’d install my tower... and about 600’ from where I’d have a
160/80 receive 4 sq array....
now I’d THINK that this should not be a problem – assuming the power company
takes care of any issues
(as required by the FCC and as is prudent for them to do for power
lose/longevity)... however having
never been THAT close I’d love to hear from anyone that says otherwise – that
there will be a problem.
I operate weak signal from 160 through 6 meters...

thanks

Gary
K9RX