Re: [TowerTalk] high tension power line noise...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] high tension power line noise...
From: Larry WA9VRH <wa9vrh@dishmail.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 17:35:47 -0600
On 3/10/2012 1:24 PM, StellarCAT wrote:
> Hello... my wife and I will be moving soon to a new area... one of the
> properties we are considering,
> and its really difficult to find something anymore that meets ALL the
> criteria – county (no restrictions),
> no HOA, no deed restrictions, and of course a house... one of the places has
> a high tension line ~400’
> away from where I’d install my tower... and about 600’ from where I’d have a
> 160/80 receive 4 sq array....
> now I’d THINK that this should not be a problem – assuming the power company
> takes care of any issues
> (as required by the FCC and as is prudent for them to do for power
> lose/longevity)... however having
> never been THAT close I’d love to hear from anyone that says otherwise – that
> there will be a problem.
> I operate weak signal from 160 through 6 meters...
>
> thanks
>
> Gary
> K9RX
Hi Gary,

Bought 5 acres in the country a number of years ago. Before we signed
the papers I ran out when it was raining and or real damp but never
had an issue except when I drove right under the double set of high
tension lines.  We have lived here 20 years now and have never
had an issue.

The power company routinely flys the lines and ever so often you will
see a  crew out working on them.

If the property is close enough take a run or two when it's real wet and
see if you can hear anything.

Good luck on the new place!
73 Larry WA9VRH