Re: [TowerTalk] high tension power line noise...

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] high tension power line noise...
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 13:26:19 -0800
Hi Gary

>From what I've seen and heard on this reflector, if you get power line
noise, don't hold your breath waiting for them to come and fix it.  73
Tom W7WHY

Hello... my wife and I will be moving soon to a new area... one of the
properties we are considering,
and its really difficult to find something anymore that meets ALL the
criteria - county (no restrictions),
no HOA, no deed restrictions, and of course a house... one of the places has
a high tension line ~400'
away from where I'd install my tower... and about 600' from where I'd have a
160/80 receive 4 sq array....
now I'd THINK that this should not be a problem - assuming the power company
takes care of any issues
(as required by the FCC and as is prudent for them to do for power
lose/longevity)... however having
never been THAT close I'd love to hear from anyone that says otherwise -
that there will be a problem.
I operate weak signal from 160 through 6 meters...

thanks

Gary
K9RX