Re: [TowerTalk] Long UHF Bulkhead Connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Long UHF Bulkhead Connectors
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 18:10:42 -0700 (PDT)
Hi John,

I'm just going to use the 83-1F (2" long) bulkhead fittings, mounted to a piece
of angle stock inside a weatherproof housing.  The angle stock makes grounding
easy.  DX Engineering was my source.  They're not Amphenol but they look darned
good, and DXE has a good reputation.  I have six feedlines to manage, so I
bought ten and have four for future use.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC

From: John K9MM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Long UHF Bulkhead Connectors

There has been discussion recently about the quality of UHF connectors
from manufacturers other than Amphenol. The consensus has been that they
should be avoided.
I'm replacing some feedlines, and was considering using UHF bulkhead
connectors to bring them through the wall. Presently, they just go
through with no connector. The problem is that AFAIK Amphenol only makes
a 2" long UHF bulkhead connector and I would need 6".
These are readily available, but the manufacturer seems to be unknown.
For instance, I've seen them at Dayton from this dealer:
http://www.transeltech.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_19&products_id=151
Any thoughts on this subject? Thanks!
73,
John, K9MM