Re: [TowerTalk] When is a 100' tower only 97' tall?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] When is a 100' tower only 97' tall?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 12:35:54 -0700
Not in any context that's relative to performance.  HFTA says that for a
3 element yagi on either 40m or 20m over level ground that the
difference in forward gain between 100 feet and 97 feet is 0.2 db for
almost all takeoff angles of interest.  I'd bet that you don't even know
your cable loss to that accuracy (I know that I don't).

As a further perspective, what else about your station do you know (or
even care about) to better than 3% accuracy other than frequency?

Dave  AB7E