Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley

To: towertalk@contesting.com, W1JCW <w1jcw@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley
From: Mike Krzystyniak <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:49:14 -0700 (PDT)
   I agree with John.  I have had several Mosley Pro 57 and Pro 67 series
antenna here in north Texas.  All we bought used and they all disassembled on
site easily due to the initial application of penetrox anti-ox.  And after
applying a fresh coat of the gray goup they went right back together.  Some
were up for a few years, one old Mosley I bought was up for 20 years (and it
came from the Texas coast line).  No issue on element or bracket disassembly.

   For many days of the year MY Mosley beams are steadily pressed by our
prevailing southern winds.  We also get high winds from fast moving t-storms or
straight line winds from microbursts or collapsing cells.  The Mosley beams
came through it all.  The real test a couple years ago when an ice storm
delivered 1 inch ice followed by winds.  Many locals lost or had damge to most
every type of beam you can think of.  The Pro-67C3's I have held up and stayed
up.  And after the ice dropped off the beams came right back to original form.

   Regarding 27 years without maintenance, with proper assembly and application
of a few other sound assembly techniques I would not be surprised they are
close to that.  As always YMMV.

73  Mike K9MK/5