Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted V on a retractable tower

To: Larry Loen <lwloen@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted V on a retractable tower
From: SPWoo <jj_2_woo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 13:44:04 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the reply.  I get a lot of wind here and I'm afraid that the
counterweight would swing in the wind and cause stress on the rope/wire.  I
wonder if there's a device that would retract the wire on a reel.  Since I
retract my tower after I'm done with each operating session I need an automatic
device where I don't have to make a trip to the outside.  I do have one of
those coax arm supports already on the mast.

My tower is also loaded to the max. so a rotatable dipole is out of the
question.  My other options are to mount the apex at the top of the bottom
tower section, or to shunt feed the tower for 80m.

Best Regards,
Jonathan Woo
(970) 646-1711