Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted V on a retractable tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted V on a retractable tower
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 21:56:28 +0100
SPWoo wrote:

Does anyone know how to install an inverted V antenna for 80m on a retractable tower?  Is there anything that could be done to prevent the wires from laying on the ground when the tower is retracted?  Thank you and 73.

I asked for suggestions about this problem in my 'In Practice' magazine column. The most memorable answer was "two matched wishing-wells with pulleys and counterweights".

The one that worked was "two long lengths of bungee cord, running around pulleys at the anchor points and then tied back horizontally towards the tower" (G3JVC).

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek