Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted V on a retractable tower

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted V on a retractable tower
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 13:41:05 -0400
Two ways of doing this. I use a side arm from W9IIX with a pulley at the end making sure that I am 5 or 6 feet below that top of the tower (either crank up or fixed).

If the tower is not over loaded there was a great way of getting the inverted V above the tower in a mid 1970's 73 Magazine by Ed Sleight K4SB. Ed used a fiberglass mast with a universal joint at the top so as the antennas were rotated the inverted V stayed in place. The main point is that the ends were well away from the tips of the biggest yagi. You could use a aluminum mast but that added to any interaction.

73 Dave K4JRB