Re: [TowerTalk] Lube om Hose clamps

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lube om Hose clamps
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:52:43 -0500
On 1/29/2013 1:28 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
Also watch the date on the tubes.  Expired silicone caulk may not harden.

To:     towertalk@contesting.com
From:    Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date:    Tue, 29 Jan 2013 08:08:26 -0800

<snip>

I will say though, that the caulking stuff doesn't survive in the tube
very long. Better get all your silicone-ing done in a weekend. After a
month, the entire tube seems to gel,or at least, the entire nozzle..
When I was younger and cheaper, I probably would have cut the tube open
to see if the rest could be used, but today, I just throw the tube out
and get another one.

See my other post on how to make it last and it is much less expensive now days compared to 30 years ago.

73

Roger (K8RI)