Re: [TowerTalk] Lube om Hose clamps

To: john@kk9a.com,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lube om Hose clamps
From: Missouri Guy <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 00:24:06 +0000
FWIW....I found that silicone and even glue products in
a tube can be kept for months by preventing air from
entering the tip.

I use a plastic "wire nut" of an appropiate size *filled* from the
bottom up with petroleum jelly such as Vaseline.  Bring the
silicone up to the tip of the tube to remove *all* the air in
the tip, then screw on the wire nut.  Allow the excess
petroleum jelly to ooze out.  Wipe off excess and store
in a vertical position, wire nut up.

You may find that some of the petroleum jelly may bleed
down into the tube tip during storage.  If that happens just
squeeze it out and wipe off the tip before using the product.

73,
Charlie, N0TT