Re: [TowerTalk] more pulling cables

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] more pulling cables
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:57:11 -0500
Two things:

1. I find it difficult to believe that condensation is a major problem.  The
volume of water in the water vapor contained in the air trapped in a conduit is
pretty small even if the air was warm and saturated when sealed in.  There
shouldn't be an enormous amount of air "turnover" to replenish the water vapor
- it's not like there are large volumes of air circulating in a closed (though
not airtight) space.  There are literally hundreds of thousands of miles of
buried electrical conduit in the world with no special care taken to prevent
condensation that one would have to expect a high failure rate if it was a
major problem.

2.  Maybe in the desert it makes sense to drill holes in perfectly watertight
conduit.  But anyplace that has a normal rainfall and soil that retains any
moisture, all that would accomplish is to make sure the conduit is always
filled with water.

IMO. YMMV.  LSMFT.

Al
AB2ZY