Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Seal yea or nay?

To: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Seal yea or nay?
From: Larry Loen <lwloen@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 22:25:23 -0700
No doubt.  But, stretching, IME so far anyway, is never as good as firm
contact of a putty.  Maybe practice makes perfect here, but I've not had
the same degree of confidence in the water-tightness, especially at the top
of the connector.  Coax seal doesn't just "stop" like rescue tape does; it
actually contacts everything at the joint.  And, you can make it very, very
thin at the end of the joint, which seems to do very well for keeping water
out.

Still, I'm using it for a lot of stuff.  But, it does seem to have its
limits.

Larry Wo0Z