Re: [TowerTalk] AlfaSpid tracking software?

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AlfaSpid tracking software?
From: "Andrew J. Buckler (BBMSC)" <andrew.buckler@bbmsc.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 12:14:07 +0000
This helps greatly, John. Slowly but surely I am picking my way through. I have
now successfully configured HRD using a native AlfaSpid interface, and I also
know how to configure the device to mimic the Yaesu, which apparently is
necessary for those programs that don't directly support the Spid.

As you suggest, I will now march my way through a number of the programs, using
HRD as a "baseline" of comparison. I am guessing that the HRD has as its
principal benefit a "one stop shop" approach - it seems that it has many basic
station features , apparently also integrates with PowerSDR for the Flex 1500
along with the TS-790A that I'm using for EME and satellite, logging software,
etc. I don't yet know if it also can interoperate with HDSDR and MAP65 that I
use for the cross-polarized IQ+ EME receiver. I'm also not yet sure how it
compares with SatPc32 which presumably is optimized for satellite or Nova which
seems to be optimized for radio astronomy. But as you suggest, I will download
them, try them, and from that start to fill in the gaps of my understanding.

Andy, K2OP